BGI 6-14 (£19,171 - £22,462 FTE)
Sandy Lane Primary School is a warm and rapidly improving primary school. We are looking to recruit a Site Controller to work 30 hours per week, term time plus an agreed number of weeks in school holidays, split shift. Hours/weeks to be discussed.
We require a Site Controller to join our team and to have responsibility for keeping the site safe and secure.
Duties will include:-
- opening and locking the school site
- regular health and safety checks including fire drills
- minor repairs and maintenance
- ensuring the site maintenance programme is adhered to and records kept
- arranging emergency repairs
- organisation and monitoring of outside contractors
- movement of furniture and equipment as required
- understanding and operation of heating, lighting, CCTV and alarm systems
- collection of waste as required.
- ordering and distribution of janitorial supplies
- assistance with lettings as appropriate
The jobholder will be the main key holder and will work with a part time member of the site team.
We are looking for someone who can take the initiative, maintain high standards, and be flexible and hardworking. The successful candidate will be able to use a computer and email, have knowledge and experience of DIY and minor repairs and Health and Safety, and ideally experience of working in a school. Good literacy and numeracy skills are required. They should be able to follow through a problem from when it is reported to successful resolution. They will be expected to attend training as appropriate and work well with a range of people including pupils, staff, contractors, the Local Authority, cleaners and the other member of the site team.
For more information please contact our school business manager via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sandy Lane Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all our children. All appointments will be made subject to a full DBS check and references which will be taken up prior to interview.