Are you passionate about improving outcomes for children and young people with a Special Educational Need / Disability (SEND)? Can you enable Young People and their families to participate fully in decisions about the outcomes that they wish to achieve?
Halton SENDIASS are currently looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic Young Persons Caseworker. This is a great opportunity to work in a small, dedicated and highly regarded team of information, advice and support givers and to develop your skills and knowledge in SEND Education law and advocacy skills.
You will be of pivotal importance to the development of SENDIASS provision for Halton’s young people. You will be a key member of the team, supporting Halton SENDIASS in delivering a good quality statutory information advice and support service across the Borough.
You will empower children, young people with SEND and their parents/carers to make active and informed contributions to decisions made about their education, health or care, including through the process of developing Education, Health and Care (EHC) plans.
The successful candidate will
- be approachable and non-judgemental with the ability to maintain impartiality and confidentiality.
- have ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to deal with sensitive issues.
- have an interest in the work of SENDIASS Information Advice and Support services.
- be appropriately qualified to A level or equivalent, related to education and SEND
- have experience of working with children and young people with SEND.
- have knowledge and understanding of current SEND legislation
- have experience of communicating in a variety of ways.
- have an understanding of safeguarding
- have an understanding of IT and administrative systems
- have the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from a range of agencies
If successful, you will be required to apply to the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) for an Enhanced DBS Check or an Enhanced DBS Check for Regulated Activity. Further information about the DBS Scheme can be found at https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service
The Council and its schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff, workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
An equal opportunities organisation which welcomes applications from all sections of the community
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact Sharon Spruce (SENDIASS Manager) on 0151 511 7733
Interviews will be held w/c 7th October 2019