- Are you looking for a career to enhance your work-life balance and encourage your personal development?
- Are you an excellent communicator who can deal with people at all levels?
- Do you consider yourself an innovative person who is willing to challenge the norm?
If your answer is yes, we want to hear from you!
Primarily responsible for Richmond contracts, the role of Contract Supervisor (Waste and Street Cleansing) will require you to support ambitious plans to provide services for residents as part of a single staff team, one of the largest in the local government today, delivering services for over half a million Londoners.
We have created a unique organisation that focuses on new ways of working within a positive and supportive culture.
As a Contract Supervisor you will:
- Support the service to build on its success and bring new experience, knowledge and ideas into the role.
- Oversee and monitor performance management, quality assurance, contract monitoring, business information and information governance for management of the waste collection and street cleansing contracts.
- Investigate problems and performance failure by a contractor and institute remedial action.
- Undertake a range of duties to provide excellent service delivery from our contracts that deliver services to households and highways in the borough.
- Reflect our values of being open, supportive, positive and helpful with your style and approach throughout.
- You will have proven contract monitoring skills and experience of dealing with contractors on an annual basis and support the procurement of related services.
- You will be comfortable speaking directly with residents, council members, external and local bodies and politicians.
- You will approach each situation in a calm way, while evaluating the best approach.
- You will understand the balance between service delivery and the achievement of positive outcomes.
- You will have a clean full UK driving licence.
The service is public facing and hence excellent communication skills are required.
You will be welcomed into a service area which delivers a range of contracts and your personal development will be encouraged.
Please submit the following:
- Your current up-to-date CV
- A supporting statement detailing why you are applying for the post and how you meet each of the criteria set out in the person specification.
If you would like an informal discussion regarding the role, please contact Wale Adeyoyin, Head of Waste and Street Cleansing on 020 8871 6659.
In return, we can offer you working arrangements that will enhance your work-life balance and wellbeing including generous holiday allowance of 31 days plus bank holidays.
In addition, we offer a range of staff benefits such as membership of the Local Government contributory pension scheme, childcare vouchers, new technology scheme, interest-free loans on annual travel cards, discounts at many leisure activities, restaurants, shops, and other establishments. A wide range of developmental opportunities are also offered.
Richmond and Wandsworth are currently reviewing our pay, reward and benefits framework, in partnership with Trade Union colleagues. We are developing different options that make sure we have a fair and transparent system in place.
Indicative Recruitment Timeline
Closing Date: Sunday 29th September 2019
Shortlisting Date: Monday 7th October 2019
Interview Date: Tuesday 22nd October and Wednesday 23rd October 2019
Please note that these dates are only indicative at this stage and could be subject to change.
The closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to making our recruitment practices as inclusive as possible for everyone. We are committed to promoting equality and diversity and developing a culture that values differences, recognising that employees from a variety of backgrounds bring important and positive contributions to the Councils and can improve the way we deliver services. We are proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Richmond and Wandsworth Councils are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.