Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing has a vision that “everyone has a home and the opportunity to live well”; that means working with partners to create sustainable and vibrant neighbourhoods where our customers want to live. With 57,000 homes and more than 120,000 residents and customers we have a real opportunity to make that vision a reality. Our people care, dare and collaborate to ensure we achieve People Powered Living.
This is your opportunity to join an exciting and innovative Finance team in the role of Systems Accountant. The role reports to the Head of Finance Systems & Projects and will beresponsible for ensuring the financial systems are fit for purpose and work in a way that allows the efficient production of the accounts; providing valuable support to the Financial Services team as it provides a comprehensive and cohesive service to MTVH.
The key responsibilities are:
- Systems administrator for all finance systems including those that interface with external third parties
- Manage the data within the financial systems and provide/advise on data interfaces to/from other systems
- Maintain the MTVH finance systems, working with colleagues in IT Services, as appropriate
- Ensure that adequate controls are in place for systems access, security and segregation
- Manage business risks on a day to day basis
- Respond to user enquiries on the financial systems as a subject matter expert
- In conjunction with ITS, carry out systems upgrades and manage user acceptance testing
- Provide systems training to users as and when required and manage a programme of systems refresher training
What you'll need to succeed
- A CCAB qualified accountant and experience of managing complex accounting systems.
- Extensive experience as a systems manager / administrator of a complex financial system including general ledger, fixed assets, payables and receivables modules
- Extensive experience of Oracle EBS R12
- Provide strategic support to your team
- Show an innovative approach to problem solving
- Significant experience of systems upgrades and implementations having been the key operational interface with IT services and finance departments.
- Experience of improving complex systems
- An affinity with the work of the social housing / care sector
What you'll get in return
We offer great benefits, in addition to generous holiday entitlement we provide:
life assurance with a matched contribution pension scheme
enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
eye care scheme
plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of
your CV, or for more information call us now on 0203 5353 611.
Interview dates TBC
All employment decisions at MTVH are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
"We are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations."