£19,275 - £21,707 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Thurrock Council's ICT Department is playing a key role in supporting the Council's digital and technological transformation.
If you want to make a positive contribution and be part of this journey then why not come and join our Field Services team, responsible for providing second line IT support.
As part of your work with us your responsibilities will include;
- Responsible for business-as-usual ICT field service delivery ensuring that all in scope services are available to the business within agreed SLA's.
- Responsible for ensuring all faults/requests are resolved and longer term tasks are planned, scheduled and delivered in accordance with agreed deadlines through a Continuous Service Improvement mechanism.
- Contributes to developing and maintaining methodologies, procedures and tools to support the operation and evolution of all in scope services.
- Responsible for Asset management of the equipment in the field services team care.
- Responsible for operational management of 3rd party service suppliers to deliver service related incident and problem management services within agreed SLA's.
- Responsible for ensuring calls assigned to them are kept updated in a timely manner
- Contribute as required to the ICT Service Plan and Strategy
- Responsible for the installation and testing of new versions of system hardware, software, and firmware
- Deputise for Service Desk officer as and when required
- Contribute to the development of field service apprentices
Key skills and experience required include;
- 3 years' experience working in an IT Field Services service delivery environment in a 2nd/3rd line support role
- Experience of planning and prioritising own workload
- Understanding Council environments
- Experience of working in a team environment
- Experience of supervising and motivating apprentice staff
- Knowledge of MS Office 2010 onwards
- Technical knowledge in Windows 7 and above
- Understanding of the latest technological developments in the I.T. Industry.
- Knowledge of remote technology tools and Service desk systems
- Working Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Experience of running small projects and performing a senior role in more substantial projects
This opportunity is an excellent development opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is looking to progress a career in the ICT field.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below:
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is an Investors in People (IIP) Gold accredited organisation and committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.