Schools Finance Manager
Wokingham Borough Council who are based in Wokingham Town Centre is currently recruiting for an experienced Schools Finance Manager to be a key part of the Council’s Finance Team.
The role will report to the Senior Finance Specialist for Children’s Service and the purpose of the role is to act as the Council’s expert on all financial matters relating to schools, providing timely and high quality strategic and technical financial advice, ensuring the continuity of sound financial management, governance and value for money. As a qualified or part-qualified accountant with significant experience in schools finance, you will be a key member of a small team of Accountancy professionals supporting the Children’s Services directorate.
Key Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:-
- Ability to act as Council expert on all matters relating to statutory schools finance
- Provide advice and support on legislative and guidance changes
- Responsibility for budget setting, budget monitoring, year-end closedown and statutory returns
- Ability to lead on preparation of funding formula models for schools budget setting, including Early Years and High Needs Block
- To prepare and present Finance reports to Schools Forum
- To be the Finance representative on multi-disciplinary groups, such as academy conversions and schools in financial difficulties
- Overseeing delivery of traded offer to schools, including provision of training sessions to school Business Managers and Governors
Skills, Attributes & Experience required:-
- Qualified / part qualified accountant, or able to demonstrate ‘qualification by experience’
- Experience of working in Schools Finance is essential
- Current knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance is essential
- Ability to demonstrate excellent stakeholder management skills
- Have an outstanding track record in delivering a customer focused service
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Excellent IT skills, including office software, Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
- Effective strategy and report writing skills
- Ability to operate in large, complex and political organisations
- Degree level, equivalent professional qualifications or expertise
- Evidence of continuous personal and professional development
- Membership of relevant professional body
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to be a key player in Wokingham Borough Council’s Finance Team.
- Shortlisting w/c 30th September 2019
- Interviews w/c 14th October 2019
If you would like an informal discussion about this role, please contact Bob Watson at email@example.com or Lynne Samuel at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form.
CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 710507
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.