We are seeking to appoint an experienced 1:1 Teaching Assistant to provide support for a named pupil. The role will involve working with the child in the classroom and supporting the learning as directed by the teacher.
The successful candidate will join a supportive, friendly and committed team of staff. A full induction programme is offered alongside good professional development opportunities.
Ideally you should have experience of working with pupils who have autism. If you are passionate about young people, and thrive on working in a busy environment, this is a great opportunity for you. The successful candidate should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, relate well to young people and possess Maths and English GCSE Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Working as part of a team is a crucial aspect of the role, so you must have a flexible attitude to react to different situations throughout the school day and the ability to use your own initiative within the learning environment.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is:
- Experienced at working with behavioural issues, specifically autism
- Able to deliver learning activities with an individual child (or group of children) under the direction of a teacher.
- Enthusiastic and highly motivated.
- Friendly, caring, hardworking with high expectations.
- Well qualified. Applicants MUST have GCSE Grade C or above in Maths and English (or equivalent).
In return we can offer you:
- Enthusiastic pupils who are keen to learn.
- A second to none well-resourced environment which promotes independent and creative learning.
- Professional development opportunities.
- A team of committed, talented and motivated staff.
- A culture which encourages collaborative working and sharing of best practice.
The school itself has extensive grounds, a large staff car park and is easily reached by car and bus.
Previous experience for this role is essential. Induction and support will be provided.
If you feel you would enjoy the opportunity that this role would offer, we would be delighted to hear from you. Tours of the school once term has restarted on 3rd September are encouraged - please contact Mrs Williams in the school office by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Fixed Term Contract to 31 August 2020 with a view to extend subject to funding).
Interviews: w/c 16th September 2019