This Vacancy has closed.
Community Safety Officer
  • Employer: Arun District Council
  • Reference: ADC/19/235102
  • Published: Mon 02/09/2019, 6:00 AM
  • Closing on: Sun 15/09/2019, 23:55 PM
  • Working Pattern: Full Time
  • Hours: 37 hours per week
  • Salary: £29,636 to £31,371 per annum
  • DBS Check: Enhanced
  • Location: Arun Civic Centre, Littlehampton, West Sussex, West Sussex

Vacancy Location

More Information

Community Safety Officer

Community Safety Officer

The Council is committed to tackling and reducing crime and anti-social behaviour in its local communities. Working closely with partners, the Community Safety Officer will take a lead role in developing, driving and delivering projects and responses that deliver this aim.   

Vital to this will be the ability to successfully work in partnership with a wide range of agencies and across sectors including internal colleagues, statutory partners and critically, the local community itself to deliver solutions that provide lasting positive impacts in tackling and reducing crime, disorder and anti-social behaviour.

Being proactive is an essential skill along with proven abilities in motivating and securing the commitment of others to deliver on a wide range of issues related to improving the safety and security of local communities, whilst also managing data, preparing information and reports. 

The post will report to the Community Manager and will be part of the Community Safety Team in Arun District Council. The employment package offers excellent working conditions, a tailored induction / training programme and flexible working hours. 

  • 37 hours per week
  • Based at Arun Civic Centre, Littlehampton
  • Subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check


For an informal discussion about these roles, please contact Georgina Bouette, Community Safety Manager on (01903) 737605.

Arun has a commitment to equality of opportunity in employment. If you have a disability which makes it difficult to complete our application form, please contact the Human Resources Department, who will assist you with your application.