Salary: £65,052 - £75,481 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Are you an entrepreneurial leader looking for a new challenge? Are you ready to make a commercial impact?
Thurrock Council is developing, redefining and transforming its commercial function, focusing on Traded Services within both the public and private sector. As a growing and diversifying borough, Thurrock Council has excellent opportunities to provide outsourced services and develop a profitable business arm. From SLA's with Schools in Thurrock to creating an Innovation Hub, and developing connections and relationships with businesses in the borough, this role offers you variety and autonomy to develop.
As the Strategic Lead, you will be an ingenious and contemporary thinker, who can bring a fresh perspective to the service. You will be a confident orator who can deliver business proposals to multiple stakeholders both within the public and private sector. You will have led on key strategic initiatives and be an excellent networker and influencer.
As the Business Development & Innovation Strategic Lead, you will have previous experience in:
- Senior Management within a Commercial or Relevant Background
- Experience in managing complex multiple-interest stakeholders effectively
- Management and delivery of large income accounts
- Ideas creation and delivery of innovative programmes
- Exceptional leadership skills and experience of leading and motivating teams
- Astute political awareness
About the Role:
Championing corporate initiatives in Innovation & Development, you will be defining the structure, culture and approach of this new role and new service.
You will use your expertise to:
- Recruit and lead a new team
- Review and redefine the current traded services function ensuring robustness & efficiency, identifying where appropriate opportunities for growth.
- Provide expert advice to services, Senior Leadership and other stakeholders
- Design and deliver ambitions for business development in the borough including our 'Smart City Agenda'
- Act as deputy chair for the Commercial Board
What we offer:
In return we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Flexible working
- Generous Annual leave allowance of 25 days which rises to 30 days after 5 years' continuous local government service
- Relocation packages of up to £8,000
- Interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- Employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
This is an opportunity excellent for an enthusiastic and outgoing individual looking for a new challenge and looking to progress your career. For an informal chat about the role, please contact recruitment on 01375 652664.
If you want to be part of the change, click apply below!
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Interview Date: 1st and 2nd October 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
Thurrock Council is committed to equal opportunities. As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: