About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5) Assistant Support Worker to join our Young People`s Housing Service, based in Watford. We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Working as part of a dedicated team, your role as an Assistant Support Worker is to:
- Provide appropriate individual support to young people aged 16 - 24
- Be actively involved in agreeing support plans and risk assessment to enable young people to achieve their goals and aspirations and work to empower them to become independent
We are looking for people who enjoy a challenge and are committed to enabling the young people in our service to move forward positively in their lives.
- Are you someone who would like to make a difference?
- Are you interested in working in the Care & Support sector?
- Do you have something to offer to our service and the Young People that we support?
- Are you looking to try something different?
You must be able to work on your own and as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work. You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting young people.
Experience in some form of care is desirable but not essential as full training and ongoing development opportunities will be provided for the right person.
Full Drivers Licence Essential.
In return for your hard work and commitment to our service users, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service (pro rata for part time hours)
- £17,082 pa for a 37.5 hour a week contract plus overtime and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Full time and casual hours available
- Comprehensive training and development support from day one with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Fully paid DBS
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Structured rota so you know your work pattern in advance
Hightown Housing Association is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Hightown currently manages almost 6,000 homes and employs over 1000 staff. The housing association has an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
A copy of the Assistant Support Worker job description is below.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
Interview date: TBC
In accordance with CQC regulations, appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory DBS, reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.