Substantive Grade: PO1 with market supplement up to £46,711.
(market supplement is reviewed annually)
At Enfield we have big plans to improve our customer experience. We’re looking for a keen Web Developer to join our web team. The website is the front door to our business and a key part of our digital estate. This goes further than our website and intranet; it includes e-forms, automation of business and customer processes and helping to develop other e-communications initiatives.
In recent years, the importance of our website has grown. More and more people now use it to find information, access Council services and make payments. We have some exciting future projects and you will need to make sure our user experience is first class and help to drive the Council’s agenda to encourage more people to transact with us online, including automation and links into back office systems.
As Web Developer you will be responsible for designing, coding and modifying the Council’s website, other peripheral microsites and the intranet; from layout to function and according to requirements and detailed specifications.
Reporting to the Web Manager you’ll play an active role in developing, capturing and fulfilling requests that maintains the council’s web presence and support our improvement plans by:-
- Building web pages and developing forms
- Developing enterprise solutions within fast-paced environments
- Delivering proof of concepts and demos
- Demonstrating versatility and functionality within products working closing with key stakeholders
- Investigating and resolving issues with web pages errors and styling
- Using a wide range of tools and skillsets to meet the customer needs
You must have web development experience will have been involved in the web and intranet side of information management for a large organisation and ideally local government. You’ll be a clear communicator and able to work with people at all levels in the organisation effectively.
There may be times when the post holder is required to be available out of hours, including weekends.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
If you have previously applied for this role within the past 12 months, unfortunately, a second application will not be considered.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight 23rd September 2019
If you are interested in this role and you would like an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Gavin Lennon at email@example.com.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Adem Mehmet on 0208 379 3552 or Adem.Mehmet@enfield.gov.uk A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.