HRA – Senior Finance Officer
Salary: £33,945 to £36,711
Enfield Council is one London’s leading local authorities combining a diverse and modern suburban location with excellent travel links into Central London and neighbouring counties. Consistently putting our residents at the heart of our operations, Enfield sets the benchmark in ensuring we provide best-in-class services to our local community. Our finance department is central in this endeavour.
An opportunity has arisen in the Capital and Projects team for a Senior Finance Officer where you will be primarily responsible for working with Finance colleagues and senior managers across the council on the financial management and accounting of Housing Revenue Account (HRA). The successful candidate will also be expected to provide financial support across the HRA as a whole regarding Capital and Revenue Budget monitoring, Budget setting and closing the HRA accounts.
This role of Senior Finance Officer will provide you with the financial experience and confidence to engage with stakeholders at all levels across the Council, delivering a range of high quality Financial Services and contribute to the development and enhancement of your technical accounting skills. You will be managing housing revenue accounts, budget setting and assisting with the close down of HRA accounting.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
For a confidential conversation about this role please contact Chris Macdonald at CIPFA-Penna who is managing the recruitment of this campaign – email@example.com / 0207 300 9104
To apply for this role please go to the following link: https://bit.ly/2jYNFAh
Please do not apply via the 'apply for this job' link below – you will need to contact Chris Macdonald at Penna to apply.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight, 29th September
Interview Date: Week commencing 7th October