This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Officer to join the Council’s payroll team, a team who are recognised within the organisation for their efficiency and accuracy.
Your role will be to assist the Payroll Manager in facilitating the accurate and timely payment of salaries for all Council employees and for some voluntary organisations.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administering the Council’s payrolls in accordance with agreed schedules, rules, regulations and conditions of service to ensure safe and efficient payments
- Deputising for the Payroll Manager where required to ensure continued efficiency
- Liaising with HR department to ensure service efficiency
- Liaising with West Sussex County Council relating to employee pension matters
- To ensure the accurate calculation of the various payments and deductions
- To maintain and develop the use of the payroll computer system (CHRIS21)
- To be the first point of contact for all payroll enquiries
- To ensure compliance with legislation relating to PAYE, National Insurance, Pension, Auto Enrolment, SSP, SMP, maternity pay, equal pay etc.;
- To prepare reports and statistics on payroll matters where required
- Demonstrating the highest standards of customer care in relation to the team’s customers, both internal and external
- Providing information to customers, service heads and senior management in respect of payroll issues.
Working within a team that is recognised for its efficiency and accuracy, you will appreciate the importance of working to established processes and deadlines as you will play a key role in maintaining the existing high standards of the service. This will be balanced with strong numeracy, literacy and good interpersonal skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
For an informal conversation or further information regarding the role, please email Alison Ells or call on 01293 438259.
Closing date: 15 September 2019
Proposed interview date: 19 September 2019
Please quote reference: RF96