Salary: National Minimum Wage for Age
Apprenticeship: 15 Months
Thurrock's IT Department is playing a key role in supporting the Council's digital and technological transformation.
If you want to make a positive contribution and be part of this journey then why not come and join our Service Desk team as a Technology Apprentice.
As part of your work with us your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for business-as-usual IT service desk service delivery ensuring that all in scope services are available to the business within agreed SLA's.
- Contribute to ensuring all faults/requests are logged and longer term tasks are planned, scheduled and delivered in accordance with agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for monitoring the IT service desk shared mailboxes.
- Responsible for ensuring that data quality in service desk is consistent and meaningful.
- Responsible for passing IT accreditations associated with apprenticeship
- Responsible for attending off site training associated with apprenticeship
- Responsible for attending all off site training associated with apprentices
- Responsible for creating working relationships with all IT teams
This opportunity is an excellent development opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who might wish to expand their general IT understanding or alternatively who is looking to progress a career in the IT field.
Thurrock Council offer excellent benefits, outstanding career progression opportunities and unbeatable support for all employees.
So, if you're passionate about IT, apply today to become a part of Thurrock's dedicated Technology Team,
As a Thurrock Council Apprentice you'll have access to a host of additional benefits, including:
- Free NUS Apprentice Extra discount card
- Membership of the Apprentice Forum Group with monthly gatherings
- Apprentice only personal development events throughout the year
- 25 days annual leave
- Health and Well-being Programme
- Specially negotiated retailer discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme - free confidential advice to help you with your work-life balance
- Access to additional training
- Enrolment into the Local Government Pension Scheme
- We pay apprentices the national minimum wage for your age.
Ages 16 to 17 - £4.35
Ages 18 to 20 - £6.15
Ages 21 to 24 - £7.70
Ages 25 and over - £8.21
Closing Date: 22 September 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills. We have retail and leisure that is among the best, with the magnificent intu Lakeside, and breath-taking countryside all around. There is over 1,000 acres of land ready for commercial development and there are likely to be 30,000 new homes built with transport links that can get you into London and other parts of the UK quickly and easily.
We are an area of massive growth; £6bn has already been invested by the private sector in Thurrock. We have seen 7,000 new jobs created, with a further 30,000 anticipated in the next 20 years, and 1,170 new businesses in the borough, with leading centres in ports and logistics, retail and creative industries.
As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification.
We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: