Hexagon Housing owns and manages over 4000 general needs homes in South-East London. We take pride in providing high quality services to our customers, and are committed to continuously improving our services. We are committed to raising the quality of our services and putting residents at the heart of what we do.
An exciting new opportunity has arisen to join our Community Investment Team as a Money Support Adviser. Reporting to our Senior Financial Inclusion Officer, you will provide resident focused pro-active financial capability support to help residents on low incomes or impacted by the changes in the cost of living and Welfare Benefits to improve their quality of life and meet their housing costs.
You don’t need to have experience in the field to be considered, and there are a variety of backgrounds that could be good preparation for this role. Perhaps you have a background in support work, or customer service in a Housing or public sector setting. Or you might be someone with voluntary experience in an advice or advocacy role, looking to turn that experience into a career. You might even be a recent graduate looking for a first job in housing.
If you have the following skills, we can offer you training on the technical aspects of the role:-
- An understanding of the issues facing low income households and the principles of income maximisation, budgeting and debt advice.
- An ability to develop detailed knowledge around Housing and Welfare benefits.
- A commitment to excellent standards of customer care.
- Good IT skills, including the ability to assist residents with limited IT skills in navigating online tasks.
- An ability to deal sensitively with residents and provide appropriate support/interventions to meet their differing needs.
- Willingness to travel to home visits within Hexagon’s area of operation.
You will be joining an award-winning organisation committed to employee engagement, where every employee is valued and listened to. We will offer you excellent personal development, training and supervision to help you achieve your full potential, and an excellent package including, pension scheme, performance related pay, flexitime, and 26 days annual leave rising to 31.
If successful, you will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019.
Interview date: Wednesday 2nd October 2019.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applicants from all sections of the community.