The health of our Community is paramount and Public Health for Berkshire ensures the building blocks to good, long term health are in place for all our residents.
In ensuring the health of our community, Public Health Berkshire commissions services from many individuals, General Practitioners (GPs) and Pharmacists. We need to ensure the service is both appropriate and best for the patient and provide the Berkshire Local Authorities with value for Money.
What it's like working in our team:
As we work across six Berkshire Local Authorities (Bracknell Forest, Reading, Royal Borough of Windsor & Maidenhead, Slough, West Berkshire and Wokingham), we need to ensure all of their requirements are met. The Team is professional, friendly, hardworking and flexible providing both resources and solutions which fit the often-differing complex needs of each Local Authority to suit the needs and demands of their public. We work across the whole of the county meaning communication and working together are paramount.
You will be supported to carry out the following duties, responsibilities and training:
Providing administration and invoicing support to the Business team for Public Health services on behalf of the six Local Authorities across Berkshire
- Providing administration and invoice records for a range of service contracts in sexual health and primary care areas, for the six Local Authorities across Berkshire, which ensures robust cost and clinically effective management of Public Health contracts for the respective Councils.
- To act as the first point of contact for Business team to include; dealing with telephone calls and enquiries, communicating messages as required; and at all times maintaining professional and supportive working relationships with Council staff and external contacts.
The benefits you will experience are:
- Regular opportunities for development with internal and external training courses.
- An inclusive and social working environment.
- Flexible working opportunities including a flexi-time scheme.
- A great office location next to travel links and the regenerated town centre.
- Internal sports and social club opportunities.
- Discounted leisure centre and gym membership.
- Supermarket discount.
- An interest free loan for a rail season ticket.
- Access to childcare vouchers.
What we're looking for:
We are a looking for a reliable, hardworking team player.
This is an ideal job for people who need flexibility, someone who is returning to work, a carer or anyone who wishes to test the waters of Local Authority Work.
Interviews will be held on
Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Want to ask us a question?
For an informal discussion or to ask any questions about this role. Please contact:
Name Emma Moule
Job Title: Public Health project Co-ordinator
Phone Number 01344 355211