Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Hightown currently manages over 6,000 homes and employs over 1000 staff. The housing association has an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team In-House Voids team, working on Hightown`s growing number of properties.
The primary function of the role will be to ensure to work alongside Multi-trade Operatives to ensure that all voids are cleared of items and cleaned to a lettable standard as quickly as possible.
You will also be responsible for carrying out minor works in void properties and caretaking across Hightowns estates as required.
You will also be responsible for the upkeep of van stock and storage, ensuring purchases are coded correctly for regular review.
The role is a 21 months fixed term contract with the intention of being permanent should the new service be successful.
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction or experience of working within public sector housing, advantageous but not essentual
- Ability to lift heavy objects and cope with the demands of a physically demanding role
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- A Full UK driver`s license and access to your own transport.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package. This includes:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £20,803pa for a 40 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the link below and complete an online application form.
Please click below for a copy of the job description.
Closing date: Sunday 22nd September 2019
Interviews: Friday 4th October 2019
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.