Salary: £33,920 - £41,735 per annum
37 Hours per Week
Do you want to play a key role in Thurrock's Digital agenda?
Thurrock's ICT Department is playing a key role in supporting the Council's digital and technological transformation. As a Networks Specialist, you will have diverse and in-depth knowledge of this area and an astute problem solver. You will enjoy being a positive contributor and play an active part in the transformation journey.
The team is vital to ensuring that the Council has the connectivity it needs to support every aspect of the Council's business. They work with all departments and support colleagues across a wide range of business systems.
About the Role:
As part of this role you will be working with a team of specialists who support front line service provision by ensuring line of business applications run correctly and help design new solutions to enable services to provide excellent services to residents. As part of your work with us you will be responsible for:
- Managing, monitoring and administering the Council's network infrastructure services to ensure that the service provided meets the organisational needs and those services provided to the agreed Internal SLA.
- Working on infrastructure project that will enable the Council's digital agenda
- Delivering small discrete pieces of change work
- Liaising with 3rd party suppliers
What we offer:
In return we offer a wide range of employee benefits including:
- Flexible working
- Generous Pension Scheme (16.1%Employer Contribution)
- Interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- Discounted rates for national restaurants, retailers, attractions and experience days
- Employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
- Relocation package
This opportunity is an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who might wish to expand their general ICT experience or alternatively who is looking to progress a career in the ICT field. For an informal chat about the role, please contact Ray Caine on 01375 652021.
Closing Date: 6 October 2019
Our vision - An ambitious and collaborative community which is proud of its heritage and excited by its diverse opportunities and future.
Thurrock is an exciting place to live and work. We are an emerging cultural and arts centre, home to the production centre for the Royal Opera House and the National Skills Academy for Creative and Cultural Skills.
As a Disability Confident Employer, disabled people will be offered an interview where they meet all essential criteria on the person specification. We champion flexible working and job share applications are welcome.
We serve a diverse community where people are different yet equal. Diversity underpins everything we do.
To view the Job Profile and Person Specification please follow the link below: