We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Lettings Officer
Type of Contract: 18 month (Fixed Term Contract)
Hours: 36 hours a week, Full time
Salary: London - £30,151, Kent/Sussex -£29,679, Midlands -£27,935
- To provide a responsive, efficient, customer focused and accountable lettings service in line with policy, procedure and to agreed performance standards and targets
- To liaise with Local Authorities and internal departments to ensure the speedy letting of empty properties to the agreed standard
- To work closely with property services to identify properties for disposal or to find solutions for homes that are hard to let.
- Knowledge of local housing markets, and location of established communities.
- Knowledge of Local Authority waiting lists, choice based lettings schemes and other alternative Lettings practices
- Sound knowledge of best practice in relation to the letting our homes
- Understanding of the responsibility of other agencies (e.g. Local Authorities, Social Services etc.)
- Knowledge gained from working in a multi-racial setting and with people in a multi-ethnic community
- Good understanding of equality and diversity.
- Communicate effectively and concisely, displaying good interpersonal skills in multiple modes (phone, face-to-face, emails and in writing) using customer friendly language
- Able to develop partnership working with other agencies to generate effective solutions to problems
- Able to organise and prioritise own workload to meet deadlines
- Able to contribute to the development and review of Policy and Procedure regarding Letting our homes
- Good negotiation and influencing skills
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Meticulous attention to detail and quality
- Able to build collaborative relationships and work productively with other departments and external bodies
- A ‘can do’, proactive approach to problem solving
- Always willing to learn and continue in personal development by attending conferences, seminars, webinars and training.
- Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
- Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
- Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
- Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
- Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
- Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
- Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
- Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
- Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!