ICT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice
Arun District Council
We are currently recruiting for an ICT Helpdesk Engineer Apprentice. The successful applicant will be working as part of busy and friendly ICT Helpdesk Team, delivering first and second line support to around 500 users across the organisation.
Working Hours - Monday to Friday 8:00am to 6:00pm. (rolling shift) (Total hours per week: 37)
Expetcted Duration: 18 Months
Apprecticeship Level: Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Provide first and second line support for helpdesk calls and implement solutions where appropriate or pass on to third line support staff.
- Assist internal customers via phone, email, face-to-face and in person. Work with other teams within ICT to resolve issues / incidents and provide ongoing feedback to customers.
- Recording all helpdesk calls on to the support desk system and monitoring progress, also administer the ICT inventory system for hardware, software and licence holdings.
- Carry out fault diagnosis of technical issues affecting internal customers, investigate solutions and implement a resolution.
- Undertake technical work to support of the organisation’s desktop environment including hardware setup, software installs and system configurations.
- Give assistance and training to internal customers on how to use their computers correctly, this may include MS Windows 10, MS Office 365 as well as 3rd party applications and in-house developed systems.
- Write and maintain procedural guidance notes, with support from other members of staff within ICT.
- Investigate new products and solutions as directed by the ICT Operations Manager and assist the project delivery teams with the rollout of new systems.
Requirements and prospects
- First-rate customer service skills
- Excellent communicator, diplomatic and approachable
- Methodical and accurate with an attention to detail
- Able to follow instructions and technical guides
- Capable of analysing problems and developing solutions
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office products
- Experience of PC hardware & software maintenance
- Understanding of other operating systems, applications and technologies
- Able to develop computer code, websites and databases
- Passion for working with technology
- Driven to deliver an excellent customer experience
- Enjoy multi-tasking and seeing activities completed
- Able to work as a team and also manage own time
- Good at working to targets and meeting deadlines
- Reliable, honest and a good time keeper
- Willingness to learn and apply new skills
- GCSEs in maths, English and ICT, Grade 4 and above (minimum Grade C or above)
- Other relevant ICT Courses / Certificates / Qualifications
ALL APPLICATIONS WILL NEED TO BE MADE VIA THE FOLLOWING LINK: