SEND Nurture Teacher/Leader
Temporary for 1 year, with potential to be made permanent
MPS/UPS + 1 SEN Allowance
Woodlane High School is a successful purpose built community special school for pupils aged 11-16 years. In 2019 OFSTED graded Woodlane as ‘outstanding’ in all areas.
We have an exciting opportunity for a teacher to join us in a new teaching, middle leadership position. Our SEND Nurture teacher will predominately teach our lowest ability SEND pupils, currently working at P Levels.
We are seeking to appoint a positive, organised and motivated professional who:
- Is an effective practitioner looking to design, develop and maintain our new ‘Nurture Curriculum’ at Woodlane.
- Has knowledge and experience of the Early Year/Primary National Curriculum.
- Is an outstanding classroom teacher.
- Has a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
- Is able to support Woodlane’s Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
- Is able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
- Is able to raise the profile of our Nurture Class on a whole school basis, gaining/maintaining relevant excellence accreditations.
- Is able to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
We welcome applicants from Primary or experienced SEND secondary practitioners, including NQTs.
The school is able to offer you:
- A school which values a creative approach to teaching.
- A commitment to cross-curricular learning.
- A bright and modern school.
- Excellent opportunities for personal professional development.
- A friendly and supportive staff team, dedicated to improving pupils’ outcomes.
- A management team that encourages team working, innovation and solution based thinking.
- Opportunities to work flexibly with small teaching groups.
- An experienced team of subject specific teaching assistants.
- A school ethos which celebrates achievement and encourages respect for others.
If you are working in either the mainstream or special school sector, feel you have relevant experience, and would like to discuss the position, please call the Headteacher (Claire Maynard) on 020 8743 5668 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
To request an application pack please contact Brigid Simmons on 020 8743 5668 or e-mail email@example.com
The closing date for applications: Thursday 10th October 2019 at 12 noon.
Interviews planned for: Thursday 17th October 2019.
Position to start Spring Term 2019 or sooner if possible.