Finance Trainee – Management Reporting Team
Based – Croydon, Sittingbourne or Battle
Fixed term contract for 1 year
Full Time - 37 hours per week
Starting salary £25,791 (pro rata if part time)
We’re looking to recruit a Finance Trainee in our Management Reporting Team. You’ll support the team and help produce management accounts.
- Work with our budget holder teams to collect details behind costs
- Analyse and record costs such as replacement of kitchens or bathrooms
- Post monthly transaction journals into the ledger including recoding
- Archive financial records into storage
- Help produce monthly payroll reports for the team
- Take notes and record minutes at meetings
- Deal with coding queries from internal customers
- Analyse transactions & provide summaries in excel format
- Gain a good working knowledge of our financial systems
- On occasions help the team produce management accounts
- Help with ad hoc projects.
We’re looking for someone who can demonstrate:
- Numerical ability and good attention to detail (ideally with GCSE Maths grade 6 or B and above)
- Generally IT proficient, particularly familiarity with, and enthusiasm for Excel
- Ability to work on your own on small projects
- A positive, proactive approach towards pursuing a career in finance.
The role would be ideal for someone studying AAT or similar. We’ll consider a part-time contract for the right candidate who is attending college. The successful candidate will ideally have, or be expected to achieve, 3 AS Levels Grade C or above.
This is a busy team so you’ll need to be able to think on your feet and juggle your own workload, ensuring you meet your deadlines. You’ll also need to be confident in dealing with queries from other departments. Sometimes you will need to travel to our other offices.
This is an excellent opportunity if you want a career in Finance. The experience, knowledge & skills you’ll learn in the year will be invaluable for your future.
Closing Date: 10 a.m. Monday 23 September 2019
Croydon: Monday 30 September 2019 from 12:45 a.m
Sittingbourne: Wednesday morning, 2nd October 2019
Battle: Wednesday afternoon, 2nd October 2019
Internal applicants only:
Please apply via the intranet as you will be required to complete a longer application form if you continue. Please check your eligibility to apply.