We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can play a key role in providing administrative support to both the electoral and democratic services functions of the Council.
Attention to detail is key in this role. The successful candidate will support the Electoral & Land Charges Manager in the administration of the register of electors, including carrying out the annual canvass and the delivery of all elections as necessary (including Parliamentary, District and Parish elections) and any referendum and polls. You would also provide support to the workload of the Democratic Services Team in respect of supporting meetings and administering the forward plan.
You must therefore have:
• Previous experience in the running of elections and Electoral Registration as well as in assisting with committee administration
• The ability to deputise in the absence of the Electoral & Land Charges Manager
• An AEA Certificate and educated to a degree level or equivalent.
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Knowledge of using Electoral Registration Software, preferably Xpress
• The ability to work additional hours as required during election and annual canvass periods
• The ability to attend evening committee meetings and to work outside of normal office hours in the run up to any elections and during the annual canvass period
• Experience of dealing with members of the public and Elected Members.
• A current driving licence and have access to personal transport.
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as flexible working, access to a wide range of relevant training, local government pension scheme, family friendly policies, a range of local discounts and much more. You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement of 27 days per annum rising to a maximum of 32 days, depending on how long you’ve worked for us.
This role has been identified as public facing in accordance with Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2017; the requirement to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence in English applies.
Please contact Clare Ockwell on (01635) 519468 for an informal chat about this role.