You will be working at our Birmingham or Leeds office.
Your new role
Join our Improvement division as a Procurement Policy and Planning Lead and have the opportunity to influence and support our Commercial and Procurement teams as they go into the next exciting phase of investment for our roads. Here at Highways England we are constantly challenging ourselves and our supply chain to achieve more for our customers. We are on a journey striving for commercial excellence and this role will see you at the forefront of improving our capabilities.
This role will allow you to provide day to day leadership on Procurement policies and procedures, and raise and develop the capability of fellow Highways England colleagues. With our capital spend due to rise over the next Roads Investment period it is imperative our strategies, working practises and procedures enable us to deliver effective spending of tax payers money.
If you are passionate about sharing best practice and delivering improvements this is a great opportunity to advance your skills in the procurement arena. As a flexible working organisation we are pleased to offer the role from either our Leeds or Birmingham office.
What you’ll be leading on
- Leading and developing workstreams to establish consistent working practices and procedures across procurement to ensure teams deliver effective and efficient contracts
• Coordinating and leading internal and external stakeholders in delivering procurement policy initiatives as required by changes to UK Legislation, Public Contract Regulations and other policy requirements
• Developing and delivering procurement planning initiatives, supporting and building the Procurement Plan, Procurement Pipeline and contributing to the effective implementation of procurement elements of corporate plans
• Managing several projects to develop training and support offered to operational procurement teams. You will drive the development and delivery of a programme of formal and informal training and support to ensure that staff have the required skills and competencies
To be successful
- You will have experience in leading and delivering varying aspects of the procurement cycle, including procurement delivery of strategic contracts or frameworks
• You will have experience of working in a multiple stakeholder environment, developing partnership working and driving continuous improvement. You will have evidence of effective partnership working and collaboration with internal customers and the supply chain
• You will have demonstrable experience of planning of the end-to-end procurement cycle
• You will have detailed knowledge of Government Procurement Policy and Public Contract Regulations 2015
• You will hold or be willing to work towards the Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) Diploma qualification (or equivalent)
A bit about us
There’s never been a better time to join our Commercial and Procurement team.
We’re a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen. You’ll be involved in ensuring that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We’re proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it – then you’ll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally, we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.