One permanent role and 1 FTA mat cover
Ebbsfleet Garden City; where London meets the Garden of England is an exciting new community of up to 15,000 homes and 30,000 jobs served by a full range of services and amenities focused around Ebbsfleet International Railway Station, and embracing the existing communities of Swanscombe, Northfleet, Greenhithe and the adjacent towns of Dartford and Gravesend.
Ebbsfleet Garden City is gathering momentum and almost 2,000 new homes have been completed. Strongly supported by central Government the EDC’s Board has set out a vision for the first new Garden City for 100 years and the largest new town in 45 years.
The Ebbsfleet Development Corporation (EDC) is the Government organisation created to oversee delivery of the Garden City. The EDC is working collaboratively with public and private sector partners and local stakeholders; investing up to £275m in forward funding infrastructure and unblocking and accelerating development at pace. The EDC currently employs c.30 staff.
The Corporation is now recruiting two Business Support Officers.
The essential and desirable criteria for both of these roles are as follows:
- Good general standard of education, with strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Sound IT skills, and familiar with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook etc)
- Organised, with the ability to manage a range of tasks concurrently and to work to tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to work flexibly
- To be amiable, professional and approachable at all times
- Some work experience involving contact with the public would be an advantage
- Some work experience in administering purchasing/procurement processes would be beneficial