Churchtown Primary School.
St Cuthberts Road, Southport, PR9 7NN.
Tel: 01704 508500.
The school wishes to appoint an experienced, part-time Teaching Assistant to support a pupil with a physical disability who is a full time wheelchair user.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for working with children, who has a commitment to ensure that all children make the best possible progress in their academic, social and independent skills.
The successful candidate must be able to:
- Work as part of a team within a supportive classroom
- Work alongside external professional, delivering programmes and therapeutic intervention
- Participate in moving and handling procedures including hoisting
- Assist with personal care and toileting
- Adapt activities, in consultation with the class teacher to ensure full curriculum access
- Have access to a car and hold a full clean driving licence
Full training will be provided.
Endeavour Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Applicants must complete an application form along with a letter of application, marked private and confidential, which must be returned to the school office for the attention of Mrs Payne and Mrs Taylor.
Closing date: Tuesday, 24th September 2019
Interviews: Week commencing Monday, 30th September 2019