We are currently seeking an experienced Payroll Officer to join our dynamic and committed payroll team. You will provide a high quality payroll service for all OHC&AT employees, accurately inputting data into the Payroll system (Select Pay), liaising with HR colleagues, schools and departmental managers and calculating payments.
- Accurately input data into the Payroll system to ensure that appropriate employee details are correctly set up and calculatedin accordance with statutory and contractual requirements
- Regularly input ad-hoc payroll adjustments (e.g. union deductions, season ticket loans, pay claims) by required deadlines
- Complete month end processing including posting journal into finance system and balance sheet reconciliation
The right person for this role will have;
- Demonstrated payroll processing experience
- Understanding of payroll legislation and processes
- Basic knowledge of pay and conditions of service for Local Government staff and teachers
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
Orchard Hill College (the College) and Orchard Hill College Academy Trust (the Trust) together form Orchard Hill College and Academy Trust (OHC&AT), a family of specialist education providers for pupils and students from nursery to further education. The College has 7 centres and the Trust is now home to 14 special schools across London, Surrey and Sussex.
We will only be shortlisting applications from candidates who have payroll experience – if you do not have the essential skill please do not apply.
Please note applicants who have applied for this post within 6 months wouldn’t be considered.
Applications close: 11pm on Sunday 13thOctober 2019
Interview: Tuesday 22ndOctober 2019