We are looking to appoint 2 x 1:1 Teaching Assistants to join our friendly and dedicated staff team based at Park Lane Junior School.
Term-time only, Part-time: 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday (8.45am start would be desirable)
Fixed Term Contract from October 2019 until August 2020 and then this will be reviewed
These positions are to support a Year 4 child with visual impairment and are on a fixed term contract of a year, with a view to extending this for as long as the child requires assistance.
The post holder will be required to work independently with a named visually impaired child, to work with groups and to support the class teacher to contribute towards the design, evaluation and modification of work programmes as required.
We are looking for someone who:
- has experience of working with children within a school setting
- is competent at using and learning a variety of technology
- is willing and able to learn Braille
- is willing to complete further training
- has experience and training working with a child who has visual impairment (This is desirable, but not essential for the right candidate.)
- will be a good communicator
- is passionate about children’s learning and every child achieving their full potential
- is able to adapt and respond to the developing needs of a child and can work well within a team
We can offer:
- a caring, happy school with a clear vision for all of our children’s education
- high expectations of children's achievement and behaviour
- experienced, committed and supportive colleagues
For an applicant pack please email email@example.com or call 0118 937 5515. Please do not send a CV.
For the purposes of Equal Opportunities we can only accept Reading Borough Council application forms.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be sought from the successful candidate.
Park Lane Primary School: School Road, Tilehurst, Reading, RG31 5DB
T: (Juniors) 0118 937 5515, T: (Infants) 0118 937 5518