Web Content Editor
12 month fixed-term contract (maternity cover)
At Enfield we have big plans to improve our customer experience. We’re looking for a talented Web Content Editor to join our web team.
In recent years, the importance of our website has grown. The website is the front door to our business and a key part of our digital estate. More and more people now use it to find information, access council services and make payments. We have some exciting future projects and you will need to make sure our content is first class, accessible and supports the council’s customer experience strategy to encourage more people to transact with us online.
As Web Content Editor you will be responsible for writing, editing and publishing updates to the council’s main website, and occassionally other peripheral websites.
Reporting to the Web Manager you’ll play an active role in intercepting, managing and fulfilling content change-requests submitted by the various departments that exist within Enfield Council. You’ll achieve this by:
- Confidently taking ownership of content-related change requests submitted to the Web Team
- Reviewing and editing corporate content, and adapting it so it follows the house and tone of voice style guidelines
- Ensuring all content is optimised for SEO and accessibility
- Applying a rigorous attention to detail, ensuring that all published content is of a very high editorial standard, and error-free
- Using a variety of tools to publish, optimise, track performance and improve website engagement levels, e.g. WordPress, Swiftype, Google Analytics, Google Keyword Planner
- Getting involved in content-related discussions, and contributing to the success of the Web Team by promoting the benefits of well-written content
You must have prior experience of writing and publishing content online, and ideally have a background of working within local government. You’ll be confident with your editorial strengths, have great listening and verbal communication skills, and can work effectively with people at all levels of an organisation.
There may be times when the post holder is required to be available out of hours, including weekends.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Fixed Term/Temporary post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a Temporary contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term/temporary contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: Midnight Monday 30th September 2019
If you are interested in this role and would like an informal discussion about this vacancy, please contact Gavin Lennon, Web Manager, Customer Experience and Libraries; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Adem Mehmet on 020 8132 1018 or Adem.Mehmet@enfield.gov.uk. A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.