The governors, staff and pupils of Redgate Community Primary School are looking for a committed, talented and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our successful and friendly team to offer 1:1 support for pupils with Complex Needs.
Redgate Community Primary School is a happy, learning community where each individual pupil and member of staff is valued for the contribution they can make to the life of our thriving school. Staff work hard to provide the very best for our pupils. In return we offer the opportunity to join a passionate and committed team, who work in a friendly environment with the aim of producing outstanding outcomes for our children and their families.
We are seeking to appoint a Teaching Assistant who will:
- Work with a named child to support their learning and general physical development
- Undertake general duties under the instruction of the class teacher to support the aims and ethos of Redgate Community Primary school.
- Have experience, or prior knowledge, of supporting children with additional needs.
- Have experience of the curriculum and be knowledgeable in how to support the development of children with complex needs.
- Be creative in approach and provide opportunities to develop children’s learning.
- Have the ability to think on their feet and use their initiative
- Be a team player and demonstrate a flexible approach.
- Be willing (subject to training) to provide intimate care, manual handling and first aid.
- Participate fully in all aspects of school life.
- Be motivated, passionate and reflective about their work.
- Show a commitment to professional development and the skills to engage positively with staff, parents/carers and families
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Due to the nature of work the above post is exempt from the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and relevant care/safeguarding legislation and appointment will only be confirmed if a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure is obtained from the Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
Closing date: Midday on Thursday 10th October 2019
Shortlisting: Friday 11th October 2019 (successful candidates will be contacted by the Headteacher)
Interviews: Thursday 17th October 2019
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided. Please note, we do not accept CVs. Please fully complete the online application form, or apply via non-teaching application form which must be returned to the school office in an envelope marked private and confidential for the attention of Mrs S. Webb, or emailed to email@example.com