An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Revenues Team as a Revenues Officer.
You will be part of a team responsible for the administration and collection of Council Tax. The role is fast paced and varied with a high volume of customer contact, and you will therefore require excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to process work accurately within prescribed deadlines.
The main duties of your role will be to:
- Answer customer enquiries over the telephone regarding all aspects of council tax
- Respond to customer correspondence by email and letter
- Update computer records with changes to liability
- Promote, grant and review relevant discounts and exemptions
- Negotiate payment arrangements with charge payers in arrears
- Provide excellent customer service to all of our customers
The successful candidate will be reliable, flexible, confident and able to work under pressure. If you are enthusiastic and have the necessary skills to join our team, we would like to hear from you.
You must be available to work Monday to Thursday 8:30 to 5:30 and Friday 8:30 to 5:00 on a flexi time basis.
In return, you will benefit from 23 days annual leave (rising to 27 after 5 years continuous service), the ability to take up to 1 flexi day per month, free parking (subject to a waiting list), healthcare cash plan, pension scheme and more.
The council signs up to the Disability Confident scheme (formerly known as the ‘Two Ticks’ scheme). If you have declared a disability on the application form we can guarantee you an interview if you meet the essential criteria for the job.