We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and proactive professional planner with considerable experience in the delivery of strategic scale urban extensions and new settlements. The new Harborough District Local Plan has just been adopted and we are developing a Strategic Growth Delivery Team in order to deliver the major development and new place-making identified within the Local Plan and beyond. There is a requirement to ensure the large scale development identified in the Local Plan is delivered within the timescales set out in the Plan to ensure the District maintains its 5 year land supply.
The large scale strategic sustainable development areas included in the plan are made up of significant housing and employment growth together with safeguarding the high quality environment the District enjoys.
You will play a leading role in the delivery of the Plan including the delivery of two major mixed use Strategic Development Areas comprising housing, employment, supporting community facilities and green spaces.
You will need to be:
- An enthusiastic and experienced Planning Officer who has experience in dealing with more complex and large scale planning applications.
- You will be part of a pro-active and dynamic Strategic Growth team that is empowered to make a real difference across the District.
- You will be supported and enabled to use your considerable place-making experience to enable the delivery of exemplar standard development across the District.
- You will need to be a team player with a ‘can – do’ approach; committed to meeting challenging targets, making a real difference and maintaining the quality of the environment across the District.
- In return, we will offer you plentiful and varied experience, dealing with some challenging, large scale and strategic planning applications and providing a critical role in the delivery of future growth.
- You will be a member of the Royal Town Planning Institute (RPTI)
If you think that you have the flair, commitment and enthusiasm to fit the bill, then we very much look forward to hearing from you.
Part time / job share considered.
For an informal discussion please contact Mark Patterson, Strategic Growth Team Leader on 01858 821152 or call Adrian Eastwood, Development Management Manager on 01858 821142 to make an appointment.
Find out more about working in the planning team by clicking here and more about the benefits of working at Harborough District Council at http://www.harborough.gov.uk/working-for-us