Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Information and Communications Technology plays a crucial role in delivering and supporting the huge range of services provided by the London Borough of Hillingdon to our Residents.
The London Borough of Hillingdon is transforming its ICT structure to advance technology and digital services. This transformation is taking place whilst effectively maintaining the ongoing delivery of high quality ICT services and digital capabilities; enabling us to continue providing excellent services to our Residents.
These are exciting times for ICT in Hillingdon.About the job
London Borough of Hillingdon is looking for an experienced Senior Business Analyst to join our Business Design Team.
As a skilled Senior Business Analyst, you will be responsible for the methodical investigation, analysis and review of Council Service areas, functions and processes as required; in order to improve processes and systems.
You will also be expected to provide detailed business specifications and use cases for Agile sprints and/or fully documented Business Cases for Waterfall projects as appropriate. About the person
Able to operate at a senior level, you will have;
- Experience as a Senior Business Analyst, working in an ICT environment
- Significant technical understanding of business analysis frameworks, business processes management, business requirements elicitation and UAT methodologies - Experience and knowledge in developing test cases and test scenarios - Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to work
- Ability to manage time, prioritise tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to follow directions
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with experience of adapting your style and approach to the audience and the ability to produce and present executive level reportsAdditional Information
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
Disability Confident Employer &
Chartered Institute of Public Finance & Accountancy