Lancaster City Council is currently recruiting a Site Supervisor, whose duties will include:
Ensuring a welcoming and secure environment for museum staff, visitors and users that is maintained to a high standard.
- Supervising, as appropriate, Museum Assistants, Demonstrators and Freelance group leaders to ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- Organise the roster and work allocation in consultation with the Museum Manager.
- Act as the primary contact and responsible individual should any problems, hazards or incidents arise during the working day.
- To be a keyholder, unlocking/locking of the building. Be the first call out in an emergency.
- To be the responsible person on site in absence of line manager.
This is a permanent position. The hours of work for this role are 28 hours per week, working on a 4 week rota basis, which may include evenings, weekends and bank holidays. Working hours are generally between 8.30am and 5.15pm but this can vary. This post is based at Lancaster City Museum.
You may be required to undertake Standby duties to cover out of hours work.
Earlier this year Lancaster City Council unanimously declared a climate emergency and will therefore work towards reducing carbon emissions to net-zero by 2030. As part of this role, you will be expected to participate and work towards reducing carbon emissions.
Excellent benefits include: A Local Government Pension Scheme (the Council makes a 15.5% contribution). Discounted gym membership and discount on days out, activities and retail.
Interview date: Tuesday, 5 November 2019