Senior Project Manager
County Hall, Hertford
Starting Salary: £42,683 pa progressing to £45,591 pa
Full Time Hours, 2 Year Fixed Term/Secondment Contract
The Property team work to ensure that our property is used in the most effective and efficient way to provide the best possible services to the people of Hertfordshire.
We own or lease around 2,000 property assets. These help us to deliver services as diverse as schools, libraries, fire stations, waste management sites and buildings for the provision of adult and children’s services, as well as office accommodation for our staff.
Hertfordshire County Council is developing an Office Accommodation Strategy to ensure that the organisation provides the right office environments for our staff to work in and makes the most efficient use of our property assets.
The purpose of this role will be to manage the development and implementation of this strategy using a project management approach. This includes ensuring there are strong business cases, robust governance mechanisms and controls in place, effective risk management, and the identification and realisation of benefits.
Skills and experience:
- Strong technical knowledge and a proven ability to manage complex projects from beginning to end, across a range of project management/business improvement areas
- Highly developed communication and consulting skills and ability to adapt these to meet the needs of stakeholders
- Works collaboratively with colleagues, clients and partners with a customer focussed approach
- Influencing and negotiating skills to make effective use of relationships
- Proactive and self-motivated to take responsibility for projects and resolve issues
- Has an understanding of the structures and relationships of a large local authority and uses that awareness to pick up on emerging issues
- Able to provide clarity and clear objectives in ambiguous environments
- Experience of financial analysis and delivering cost efficiency in all activities
- Demonstrates HCC’s values and behaviours and acts as a role model to influence and develop others.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact James Barber (Programme Manager) on 01992 555359.
Closing date: 20 October 2019
Interview date: w.c. 28 October 2019 & 4 November 2019