Job Title: Team Manager – CLA and Care Leaver Team
Location: Stevenage or Apsley
Salary Range: £45,591 - £48,531 pa plus £4000 annual market forces entitlement
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Due to the CLA and Care Leaver Service joining together we have created exciting opportunities for 4 talented and ambitious Team Managers to join the management group to lead this newly formed Safeguarding Service. If you are either a current Team Manager who wishes to develop their practice in a different service area or a practitioner with management experience looking to take the next step in your career this is your opportunity.
The newly formed CLA & Care Leaver Service will work in partnership with children and young people, their families and other professionals to provide a range of support to keep young people safe; help them come to terms with what has happened in their lives; provide them with a permanent home and help them prepare for work and independence. These newly created roles will manage a range of casework in respect of the 18 – 25 age group
- You will need to be a qualified social worker including HCPC registration and have a good understanding and experience of working with children looked after and young adults who are leaving care.
- As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites and visit young people wherever they are living. In light of this, a current driving licence, the ability to drive and/or travel is required for this role.
Hertfordshire County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all of our employees. This includes:
- Competitive salary Starting from £45,591 – up to £48,531 plus annual market forces entitlement
•Welcome payment of £1000 for all external appointments
•Relocation Expenses of up to £6000 for those candidate who need to relocate for the role
•Car lease scheme
•Free parking at all of our sites
•Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
•Flexible working arrangements including working from home and flexi time
•Up to 33 days annual leave entitlement
•Staff discounts in gyms, travel agents, car sales, restaurants and days out – please visit www.hertsrewards.co.uk for more details
If you are interested in this role; want to join a committed and ambitious service and have any queries about the role please contact Sarah Baker, Head of Service on 07580744211.
Closing Date: 24th October 2019
Interview Date: 12th & 13th of November 2019
Benefits of Working for HCC:
- Excellent Career Development
- Salary Exchange for Additional Benefits
- Excellent Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Shopping Discounts
- Support Groups & Wellbeing Schemes
Safeguarding children and adults is of utmost importance to Hertfordshire County Council. The Council requires employees to abide by legislation and best practice to enable Hertfordshire to achieve this. This role has been identified as requiring a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check. For more information click here
Please Note: The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post.
PLEASE NOTE: As part of this role, you will be required to travel to other HCC Sites/Residences either using your own mode of transport or a company car. In light of this, the ability to drive and/or travel around the County is required for this role.