Are you an experienced sundry debt collection specialist?
Do you have experience in the delivery of debt strategy plans?
Are you a professional people manager with an affinity for both operational and strategic areas of business?
The role will require you to:
• To formulate the strategic direction, priorities and plans for the service, making a major contribution to the way the Council delivers its services.
• Undertake an assessment of the business unit function and identify areas for improvements.
• Create and implement a debt collection strategy for the Council; targeting the more challenging areas of debt that has built up.
• Developing and progressing Specialists (Debtors) and Customer Delivery Officers within the Collections function through personal development / training.
You will ideally be:
• Highly experienced in debt collection with proven experience of implementing strategies and business plans to improve the standing of the business unit.
• An experienced people leader and manager, with both operational and strategic capabilities.
• Able to make decisions autonomously whilst working with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all business unit areas are aligned.
• Experienced in collecting local authority debt.
• The role is a rare opportunity to join Wokingham Council on its transformation journey.
For further information please contact Andrew Kupusarevic – Senior Specialist Income and Recovery on:
Mobile 07920 785784
Wokingham Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff, other workers and volunteers to share this commitment.
To apply, please follow the link to the online application form. CVs are not accepted.
Alternatively, please call 0118 974 6116 (answerphone outside office hours) quoting ref: 711517
Wokingham is an equal opportunities employer.