CHEF DE PARTIE
£18,065 - £18,795 PA
(an additional payment will be made to cover working unsocial hours if applicable)
37 hours, Permanent Full-Time
The Pantry Café & Kitchen is the new independent café destination for Reading. We are looking for energetic, fun and smiling people to come and work with us here at the Town Hall. You will be joining a fantastic team who have built an excellent reputation with fresh quality locally sourced food served to a very high standard. In return we offer a good working environment and work life balance
and friendly colleagues.
About the role
Your role will be
- Working as part of the team to produce the food required for the Café and for Events functions.
- To continually provide the best quality products for all customers and clients by supporting the Executive Chef to ensure service is operating effectively including cleanliness and presentation of food.
- To support the Executive chef in the efficient planning and ordering of all food supplies.
- To support the Executive chef in the preparation of food orders.
- To work together to ensure customers enjoy their experience in the Café & the Town Hall.
- To work closely alongside the Café & Town Hall Front of House teams, supporting where needed.
Every day you will have a warm and friendly approach to all our customers, engaging whenever possible and proactively keeping an upbeat atmosphere and rhythm in the café & kitchen.
You will have
- Previous experience working in a busy kitchen
- A working knowledge of Health & Safety Food Hygiene legislation.
- Excellent customer service skills with an upbeat, friendly & professional personality.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to control costs, prevent wastage and produce good profit margin
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance - three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- Employee Assistance Programme - round-the-clock access to free, impartial and completely confidential support and advice from trained therapists and legal experts
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
Please note that we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement once sufficient applications have been received. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward.
For more information on this position, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org