Digital Delivery Manager
We require a delivery manager to support the digital team on a number a key development projects during a period of change within the service.
The delivery manager needs experience in delivering and maintaining a number of different products and services throughout the entire delivery lifecycle.
- Help the development team to organise themselves and plan their work, ensuring they deliver products and services that meet users’ needs
- Lead the team through the different phases of the delivery lifecycle
- Be accountable for effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services
- Identifying and communicating risks, issues, dependencies and blockers
- Ensure that working practices are iterated to achieve effective delivery.
- Drives the development team and sets the pace, ensuring they are working towards delivery commitments.
- Identifies the people/skills/resources/budgets that teams need to deliver to the agreed goals
- Embedding the use of JIRA within the development team
- Work with the Digital & ICT programme manager to plan the Q1 19/20 roadmap
- Prepare the team for the permanent appointment of the delivery manager
- Has a deep knowledge of Agile and Lean tools and techniques (Such as SCRUM and Kanban) with an ability to coach within and outside of the team
- Strong communication skills and the experience of engaging senior stakeholders.
- Able to solve issues and unblock problems.
- Able to support effective estimations on budget and resource management within the constraints of a project
- Experience in matrix-managing multi-disciplinary teams
The role will be for 3 months with the opportunity to apply for the permanent position during the contract period.