Are you a qualified Building Surveyor looking to expand your portfolio?
Come and join our lively and highly motivated team of professionals based in vibrant, modern offices at London Bridge.
We're looking for experience of preparing specifications, writing reports and procuring and administering building and refurbishment contracts. You'll also need to demonstrate sound technical knowledge of building construction, building pathology and H&S law and practices. Strong communication and interpersonal skills are also essential as you'll be dealing with members of the public, local residents, staff and contractors.
Working for a large organisation, where training and development is actively encouraged, we can offer a busy and diverse workload in which the successful candidate can play a major role in the maintenance and improvement of the council's buildings.
- A relevant building qualification (HNC as a minimum).
- Substantial experience of repairs & maintenance service delivery, sustainability and construction.
- Knowledge of contract management in a building maintenance and adaptations environment.
If you're looking for a rewarding role where you'll be helping improve the lives of Southwark's Residents each day and working towards delivering the council's vision of delivering a fairer future for all, apply to Southwark Council today.
Further information can be found in the Job Description and Vacancy Information attachments or click here to find out more about Southwark Council and the Asset Management team
To apply for this position please:
* Upload an up to date CV, including the names and contact details of two referees.
(Please note that referees will only be contacted with your permission.)
* Upload a supporting statement (no longer than 2 A4 pages), that shows us how you meet the required knowledge, skills and experience areas as tested at the shortlisting stage. This information can be found in the vacancy information.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for this role and we reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is found sooner.
Please submit your application as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Advert Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019