Southwark Council are currently looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer, with knowledge of electrical installations, leaseholder consultation and a history of contract management.
Southwark is a large organisation and can offer a varied workload. We are a friendly, supportive and highly motivated team that strives for excellence, values its members and takes pride in its reputation.
As a Senior Electrical Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining budgets and complying with all Health and Safety requirements, checking all certification and ensuring that full compliance is achieved, looking after our Sheltered Housing units, Hostels, Tenant Halls and a number of housing blocks. You will also undertake your own pre and post inspections and produce reports as required. Other role duties include holding progress meetings, managing performance and ensuring that key performance targets are met. The post will also require attendance at our residents' meetings (where requested) and liaison with the various Statutory Authorities.
* City & Guilds / HNC in Building Services Engineering or Equivalent OR Extensive Demonstrable Experience.
* Contract Management experience in large Measured Term (MT) maintenance contracts and / or in undertaking large projects.
* Capable of ensuring adequate records and monitoring systems are in place.
* Experienced and technically competent with a detailed understanding of all Regulations, Standards, Codes of Practice and Health and Safety procedures.
* Capable of producing condition reports and contribute to planning for future investment.
* Experienced in the compliance requirements of Fire Alarm systems (including AOV's & Smoke vents), Emergency lighting, Electrical Inspection condition reports (EICR's) and Lightning protection systems.
If you're looking for a rewarding role where you'll be helping improve the lives of Southwark's Residents each day and working towards delivering the council's vision of a fairer future for all, apply today.
Further information can be found in the Job Description and Vacancy Information attachments or click here to find out more about Southwark Council and the Asset Management team.
To apply for this position please:
* Upload an up to date CV, including the names and contact details of two referees.
(Please note that referees will only be contacted with your permission.)
* Upload a supporting statement (no longer than 2 A4 pages), that shows us how you meet the required knowledge, skills and experience areas as tested at the shortlisting stages. This information is detailed in the vacancy information. We look forward to receiving your application.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for this role and we reserve to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is found sooner.
Please submit your application as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Advert Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019
Additional Salary Details
This role is a grade 11 within Southwark Council, with a salary range of £40,491 - £47,274.