We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
Job Title: Community Health & Wellbeing Manager
Type of Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Start date: 06/01/2020
End Date: 31/01/2021
Hours: 36 hours a week, Full Time
Manage and inspire a team of Project Officers and volunteers to deliver a high quality customer service. Maximising health & wellbeing opportunities, advice and guidance and training for residents/participants.
Take ownership and responsibility for running a regional set of health and wellbeing training support activities within an annually agreed performance framework for the service area.
Working at local/ regional level with a wide-ranging set of partner organisations, businesses and stakeholders to deliver health & wellbeing support projects and activities.
- Regional/ local, residents’ and community forum
- At delivery level work with local strategic partners. Health agencies; NHS; LA Public health; CVS agencies; local enterprise or business partnerships.
- Charity & foundation funders e.g. Big Lottery, Big Local, Princes Trust
- Corporate organisations and business partners across health, housing and employment support other sectors.
- Community & voluntary sector agencies and enterprises
- Internal relationships (manager level) across Optivo directorates in particular housing management; retirement and care housing; ASB; income; financial inclusion; digital; resident engagement; assets; development procurement; communications etc.
- Relevant work experience or professional qualification relating to community service; Community Health Service or Community Development support service delivery at team leader level
- Proven track record of effectively managing and motivating a staff team
- Experience of delivering output/outcome focused performance managed community projects
- Experience in programme management, monitoring and evaluation
- Providing team leadership and supervisory support
- Working in the wider community employment support partnership context
Skills & Abilities
- Effective communications skills (Service customers, staff & external stakeholders)
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Effective problem solving skills
- Excellent budget management skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Team leadership
- Produce clear concise reports
- Ability develop high quality written reports.
- High level of IT literacy and administrative skills.
- Takes responsibility for developing own knowledge and skills to meet current and future business needs.
- Proven team management skills.
- Good contract management skills.
- A track record of successfully identifying and bidding for funding to support projects.
- Must be a car driver
Pension- We offer up to 10% of basic salary as a company contribution to your pension. You cancontribute from 3% to 5% and Optivo will double your contribution.
Annual Leave Holidays- start with 27 days plus your bank holidays. Your allowance goes up to 30 days with long service and we give everyone a day off for their birthday, which you can you use anytime in your birthday month. We also offer the opportunity to buy extra annual leave and sell what you might not use up.
Life Assurance - Peace of mind for your loved ones, should the worst happen. Our scheme will pay three times your annual base salary to your nominated beneficiary.
Employee Assistance Programme - Our team have access to a free confidential counselling service, offering support and advice on stress and anxiety, debt, lifestyle and relationships.
Healthcare - Cash Plan Claim back on the costs of healthcare including the opticians, dentist and more via Simply Health.
Discounts- Get discounts at your favourite retailers through Perkz including a variety of outlets, activities and more.
Cycle to Work- Optivo provides access to approved cycle to work scheme, allowing employees the opportunity to buy a bike and accessories and saving tax contributions.
Season Ticket Loans- We provide interest free loans to purchase a season ticket or car parking pass for your commute allowing you to make savings.
Long Service Awards- We like to recognise, celebrate and thank employees for their long service.
Closing date for ALL applications 3rd of November 2019.
Interviews will be taking place on the 20th of November 2019
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!