We are currently looking for a Compliance Officer (Gas and Water) to join our lively and friendly team of professionals, working near London Bridge Station.
In this role you will provide specialist and multi-disciplinary technical expertise across the whole of the Housing department, liaising and providing guidance and assistance when required.
You will deliver high value services to tenants and leaseholders, to ensure that the Council meets its statutory obligations in respect of mechanical and electrical installations and maintenance, gas and fire safety, water hygiene and asbestos across the London Borough of Southwark.
- City & Guilds or HNC in Building Services Engineering or be working toward either qualification or have extensive appropriate experience.
- City and guilds ,NVQ or QCF qualifications in water or gas discipline to level 3 standard.
- Relevant Accredited Certification Scheme (ACS) 'Gas' Certificates of Competence
- Previous experience of the installation, service and maintenance of domestic and non-domestic building services Including heating, hot water, potable cold water, communal cold water storage, laundry ventilation.
- Previous background in contract administration of major engineering, construction replacement, repair and refurbishment schemes.
- Experienced in Site supervision of Building Services, construction and maintenance projects from inception stage to completion
Further information can be found in the Vacancy Information attachment or click here to find out more about Southwark Council and the Asset Management team.
To apply for this position please:
* Upload an up to date CV, including the names and contact details of two referees. (Please note that referees will only be contacted with your permission.)
* Upload a supporting statement that shows us how you meet the required knowledge, skills and experience areas as listed at shortlisting stage. This information can be found in the vacancy information.
We look forward to receiving your application soon.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis for this role and we reserve the right to close this advert prior to the advertised closing date if a suitable candidate is found sooner.
Please submit your application as soon as possible in order to be considered.
Advert Closing Date: Sunday 3rd November 2019