About the Role
We currently have an opportunity for a full time (37.5 hours per week) Support Worker at an adapted home providing residential care for eight individuals with learning disabilities some of whom also have physical disabilities, in Manor View, Stevenage.
We are looking for a caring, enthusiastic person who enjoys helping others and seeing the difference their support can make to enable individuals to lead independent and fulfilling lives.
Your role as a Support Worker will be to:
- Support thesenior support workerto provide a quality service and to promote high standards of practice
- Provide appropriate support to service users with their day to day needs,within their own home, which may be in a supported living scheme or in the wider community. This may involve providing assistance with personal care and promoting life skills such as shopping, managing budgets and domestic tasks such as cooking and cleaning.
- Write support plans and risk assessments to ensure that we are providing a service that meets each individual`s needs, supports their aspirations and maximises their independence.
You will be passionate and driven with the desire to provide high quality, person centred services.
You will have experience in the delivery of care and/or support services to vulnerable adults and of designing and reviewing personalised support plans and risk assessments.
We are looking for passionate people who with a `can-do` attitude who are driven by the desire to make a difference and who have the ability to recognise the wishes and needs of vulnerable adults and communicate effectively using different methods according to peoples needs.
You will need to be able to:
- Work shifts as part of a rota system whichwill include weekend and bank holiday working
- Work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support
- Be flexible in your approach to work
- Have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting people with learning disabilities
We offer a range of benefits which include:
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, rising with service, plus statutory bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Milage paid for car usage
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Comprehensive training and development support with the opportunity to gain a recognised vocational qualification
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendence bonus
Hightown is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire and Buckinghamshire. We believe everyone should have a home and the support they need, so our aim is to build new homes and to provide excellent housing and support.
We currently manage over 5,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £84 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Senior Support Worker please complete an online application form.
Please see below for a copy of the Senior Support Worker job description.
Closing date: Sunday 20th October 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 30th October 2019
Hightown is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will need to have a satisfactory enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service, together with any other relevant recruitment checks.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.