An opportunity has arisen in Adults Social Care (ASC) Finance Team for a principal accountant. This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to work in a dynamic Finance team which provides an important service to our residents. Adult Social Care is a demand led service, our team provides robust financial guidance and advice which enables managers to make informed decisions and shape the delivery of the service.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTANT: Learning Disabilities & Mental Health. SALARY: PO6
As a Principal Accountant in ASC Finance you will report to the Group Accountant and in a strategic financial advisory role, you’ll be responsible to provide vital financial planning and analysis service for the Learning Disabilities and Mental Health Services.
- Have strong accounting skills including financial reporting knowledge and significant experience in all aspects of the annual budget cycle including year-end reporting.
- Provide high quality reporting that can be used for budgeting, forecasting and ad-hoc analysis, having sound experience of budget and variance analysis including data analysis for management dashboards.
- Part-qualified Accountant (CCAB recognised) or fully qualified AAT.
- Have demonstratable strong Excel and report writing skills.
- Be well versed with audit compliance; be able to maintain effective controls and working papers.
- Provide a high level of technical acumen with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively with our internal and external stakeholders.
- Be able to show that you can provide Finance Management Team with the level of support required from this senior role, including knowledge of the national challenges affecting ASC funding and the strategies being applied to address them.
Experience of the SAP accounting system is desirable.
Interviews: 1st week in November