Civil Enforcement Technician X2
Permanent, Full time 37 hours
Fixed term for 9 months, Full time 37 hours
RG3 (scp 5 – 11) £18,795 to £21,166 pa – Gateway at scp 7
Progression to RG4 subject to meeting the progression criteria
We are looking for a customer orientated individual with strong administration skills to join our busy Network and Parking Services Team as a Civil Enforcement Technician, to assist with the operation of the Council’s Civil Enforcement function and administration of Parking, Bus Lane and Moving Traffic Enforcement and Permit Parking Scheme.
About the roles
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administration of representation and appeals
- Prepare cases for adjudication and debt recovery
- Processing and issuing parking permits
- Dealing with correspondence and answering telephone enquiries from the public.
As an important member of the team you will need to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in office administration.
- High quality communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational abilities
- Ability to compose concise, accurate and structured letters and reports.
- It will be an essential requirement that you can work to strict deadlines.
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Generous holiday entitlement - 24 days holiday each year plus bank holidays - rising to 32 days after 10 years' service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Season Ticket Loan - a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Cycle salary sacrifice scheme
- 'Your Reading Passport' scheme - competitive rates for local gyms
- Shopping vouchers and money off deals
- Staff Club - organises events such as pub quizzes and theatre tripsFor more information on this position please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgInterview Date: week commencing 28th October Please note that these dates are indicative at this stage and may be subject to change
- Closing date: 21st October 2019