Senior Planning Enforcement Officer
Starting salary £33,251 + essential car user allowance of £1,239 per annum
You will have access to a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual and flexi leave allowance with Christmas office closure.
- The opportunity to buy up to 10 additional days’ annual leave.
- Enrolment to our discount scheme for local leisure centres.
- Generous pension scheme Progression to the top end of the salary range is dependent on achieving Chartered Membership of the RTPI.
Progression to the top end of the salary range is dependent on achieving Chartered Membership of the RTPI.
As our Senior Planning Enforcement Officer, you have the opportunity to help protect the built and natural environment in one of the most desirable locations in the UK. This is an exciting position for someone who may be looking to progress their career in Town and Country Planning at a varied and dynamic workplace with a high performing authority.
We are looking for an adaptable and motivated person who is currently a Chartered Member of the RTPI or is able to demonstrate they are actively working towards achieving Full Chartered Membership of the RTPI. You will play a key part in shaping the future of planning enforcement at Waverley and have the opportunity to work on a rewarding range of challenging and complex planning enforcement issues within a supportive and friendly enforcement team.
Your role will be to:
- Manage complex enforcement issues, maximising the benefit to the community.
- Write and issue Notices
- Defend Council planning Enforcement Notices at appeal and prosecution.
- Support and mentor junior members of the team.
The Council is committed to investing in its Planning Service. At Waverley, we invest in our staff and will offer you unbeatable support and extensive training to invest in your ongoing professional development. This particular vacancy has arisen due to promotion.
This is a full time post. However, all applications will be considered.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Victoria Choularton, Planning Enforcement Team Leader, on 01483 523008.
We do not accept CVs without a completed application form. Strictly no agencies please.
Closing date for applications: 9:00am on Monday 4 November 2019
Interview date: Wednesday 13 November 2019
Please note we do not accept applications after the time given on the advert