Business Support Assistants at the Southern Building Control Partnership deliver Building Control services to residents and building industry professionals for three local authorities, Mole Valley District Council, Reigate & Banstead Borough Council and Tandridge District Council. The Business Support Team is based at our Oxted hub but supports surveyors and engineers who are based at a number of locations.
In this role you will be providing administrative and clerical support to your colleagues. No two days will be the same, activities will be varied including such things as answering the telephone and dealing with customer enquiries, responding to emails and online communications, checking and validating applications, processing orders and invoices, data entry and database management and scheduling meetings and appointments.
Experience of delivering administration services in an office environment is essential while experience of working in a local authority or similar organisation would be an advantage.
The ideal applicant will:
- Be an experienced administrator committed to working in a digital environment.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Be a team player who can work in a flexible and supportive manner
- Be able to handle multiple tasks at once and manage their own time well
- Deliver their work to a consistently high standard
- Understand the importance of confidentiality
- Have excellent IT skills, proficient in using Microsoft Office
Interviews will take place on the 7 November 2019.