Peabody has an exciting opportunity for an Assistant Technical Coordinator to provide timely and flexible support across the development programme by carrying out distinct research projects with a view to improving the department’s knowledge specific to sustainable building designs and neighbourhood development initiatives in areas such as transport, waste, open space and land use, and use of resources generally, etc. You will join the team in Tower Bridge on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £28,500 per annum.
The Assistant Technical Coordinator role:
Peabody is expanding its development programme to deliver over 10,000 homes starting onsite by 2021. We have consolidated our Design and Technical team and are expanding our technical capability to increase self-reliance and provide proactive advice and direction to the wider Development and Sales directorate.
Responsibilities of our Assistant Technical Coordinator include:
- Assist the design and technical team in its advisory and proactive role in ensuring development projects are well briefed and that attainable, cost-effective aspirations are bound into the day-to-day decision making on projects.
- Assist in updating Peabody’s Design Guide and Employer’s Requirements ensuring alignment with existing and emerging sustainability related policies, regulations and technology.
- Support the creation of cross directorate processes and procedures to systematically gather building performance information to support evidence based decision making on future developments.
- Conduct Post Occupancy Evaluations in liaison with Strategic Asset Management and Compliance Directorates, focusing on energy generating assets and other built environment sustainability key performance indicators with particular focus on electric vehicle charge points, photovoltaic panels, combined heat and power, air/ground-source heat pumps, energy monitoring systems, etc.
- Produce high quality Post Occupancy Evaluation reports that provide feedback on performance metrics and capture lessons.
- Help create and execute procedures for monitoring the development phase of asset creation; landbank, meanwhile use and construction, on key environmental performance indicators including embodied carbon, waste management, resource consumption.
- Research and advise on the feasibility alternative financing models for energy provision within the new schemes, encompassing RHI for GSHP, low interest loans from GLA and possible SPV ESCOs.
What we’re looking for in our Assistant Technical Coordinator:
- Educated to degree or Masters level in a related discipline is desirable [due to the specialist subject matter being researched, dealt with and synthesised]
- Experience of designing research, carrying it out and critically analysing it [this experience may have been obtained in higher education or elsewhere]
- Interest in environmental and sustainability policy and regulation.
- Report or paper writing skills and obtaining senior management approval/sign-off
- Willingness to undertake appropriate training/learning to enable progression and development in the team
Closing date: 21st October 2019
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Assistant Technical Coordinator please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
Peabody is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
NO AGENCY INTEREST