Our Revenue and Benefits Department is looking to appoint an experienced Technical Benefit Officer who will join our team. The role involves:
- Supervisory responsibility for Benefit Officers in the absence of Senior Benefits Officers
- Day to day assessment as well as reconsidering claims prior to Appeal and writing and presenting Appeals where necessary
- Dealing with Fraud, HBMS data matching, VEP alerts and DHP claims
- Monitor and carry out accuracy checks to report to Senior Benefit Officers
- Process payment runs and assist with testing and analysis of new software releases
- Dealing with the public in person, on the phone and via documentation
The role is dedicated to assessing and awarding Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, including appeals, complex cases and Fraud. In addition, the position involves providing support and legislative advice to Benefit Officers where necessary as well as assisting in the provision of technical benefits training.
The successful candidate will be currently working in Housing Benefit and Council Tax Support, as well as being an enthusiastic, conscientious and innovative team player with excellent customer service, IT skills and the ability to demonstrate an exceptional level of attention to detail.
For an informal discussion, please contact Susan Turner on 01453 754039 or Jean Haigh on 01453 754046.
Benefits for working for us
- Commitment to work life balance with flexible working hours
- A work environment steeped in history and a scenic location
- Exceptional pension scheme 18% Employer contribution
- Cycle scheme
- 21 days holiday per year, pro rata rising to 25 days after 5 years service + bank holidays + Christmas and New Year shutdown
- Employee discount scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Up to 3 days per year Volunteering days
- Learning and development opportunities